Library and information Centre
Dr Muthamma A.R., M.L.I.Sc.,Ph.D
The Library of this college aims at developing a comprehensive collection of materials in the various streams of the college like Humanities, Commerce and Management providing vital support to the teaching and development of the institution. The library has adopted computerized method to facilitate users to access the library resources. The library has a collection of more than twenty four thousand three hundred books and subscribes to various electronic resources through institutional memberships. More than 6000+ e-journals and 30,35,000+ e-books can be accessed under the project entitled “National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for scholarly content (N-List)” of INFLIBNET centre, Ahmadabad.
- To provide services that facilitates the use of the Library to acquire knowledge.
- To provide information resources those adequately support the curriculum of the teaching needs of the student and faculties.
Rules and Regulations
- Every student who wishes to use the Library shall scan her identity card at the entrance.
- Books will be issued to the students on all the days of the week.
- Periodic changes regarding the rules and regulations of the library will be put up on the notice board.
- Students will strictly adhere to the instructions and procedure of applying for and returning of the library books.
- Sub-lending of library books whether in or out of college is strictly prohibited.
Types of resources
- General Books
- Competitive books
- Regional books
- Back Volumes
- General Magazines
- Newspaper Clippings
- Online Catalogue(OPAC)
- INFLIBNET N-List Project
- Access to 24441 printed Document
- Access to e-resources through NDL and Inflibnet Programme
- Using Bar-Code system for circulation Process
- Access to Audio/Video materials
- Internet Facilities
- Providing access to online catalogue
- Reprographic Facility
- Indexing and Abstracting facility
- Newspaper Clipping Facility
- Reference/referral service
- Book Bank Facility
- Automation of Library resources through easylib software.
- Using bar-coding system for circulation process.
- Automated house-keeping functions
- Using In/Out Mgt to track the user statistics.
- Inflibnet- n-list project to access to e- resources.
|Total No. of Books||24302|
|Books purchased in the year 2020||158|
|e-books||30,35,000 (n-list project)
6,00,000 through NDL
|Computers with internet facility||8|
UGC INFONET E-JOURNALS
|American Physical Society||http://scitation.aip.org/publications/myBrowsePub.jsp#APS|
|Cambridge University Press||http://journals.cambridge.org/|
|Institute of Physics||http://www.iop.org/EJ/|
|Oxford University Press||http://www.oxfordjournals.org/|
|Royal Society of Chemistry||http://www.rsc.org/Publishing/Journals/|
|Taylor and Francis||http://www.informaworld.com/
|Royal Society of Chemistry (6 Databases)||http://www.rsc.org/Publishing/CurrentAwareness/index.asp|
|JCCC||http://jccc-ugcinfonet.in or www.-ugcinfonet.in|
|Sl. No.||Title of the Paper||Name of the Journal/Bulletin.||Publication Details|
|1||Awareness and use of electronic information resources in degree colleges of Kodagu District.||Indian Streams Research Journal
5(6) pp 1-7
ISSN - 2230-7850
|2||Professional Attitudes and Behaviour among library personnel in the colleges affiliated to University of Mysore.||Golden Research Thoughts Journal
45(4) pp 1-9
ISSN - 2231-5063
|3||Perception of knowledge management among information professional in the academic libraries of Kodagu District||Research Magma
UGC Journal ID-63465
|4||ICT Literacy for accessing E-resources available under N-list programme among the users of Cauvery College Virajpet, Kodagu District.||Research Magma
UGC Journal ID-63465
List of National/International Conference / attended and Presented Papers, Book Published
|Sl. No||Name of the National Conference||Paper Presented||Publication Details|
|1||Re-inventing and restructuring of public library system in India||Community Information Service in the context of Public Library Service.||28th July 2012
|2||So-ference 2013: A national level social conference on Failures, Learning, Creativity, Case Studies best practices and success stories in LIS and related areas.||Motivation and Job Satisfaction of the LIS Professionals.||19th & 20th October 2013.
|3||Academic Libraries: Challenges in the electronic era||Job Satisfaction among the Library employees||27th & 28th September 2013. ISBN: 978-93-81195-66-6.|
|4||Democratization of Information Using ICT: Role of Libraries for Social Enlightenment (DEMICT-2014)||Knowledge Management in an Academic Library.
|24th & 25th January 2014.
|4||Democratization of Information Using ICT: Role of Libraries for Social Enlightenment (DEMICT-2014)||User Studies in academic college Libraries.||24th & 25th January 2014.
|5||Professional in Library & Information Services for user empowerment: Opportunities and Challenges (PROFUSE) 2017||User satisfaction towards library resources and services in degree colleges of Virajpet, Kodagu District: An evaluation studies||27th-28th
|Title: Professionalism and Professional attitudes among Library Personnel||SJK Publishers